7 min read
UV Light Disinfection Systems: Introduction
· UV light disinfection systems are non-touch disinfection device used to kill various infectious pathogens present on medical devices, health care equipment, and health care facilities such as operating rooms and patient wards
· These systems use high intensity ultraviolet light-C (UV-C) lamp. The UV-C light is germicidal in nature i.e., it destroys the DNA of the bacteria, viruses, and fungi and prevents them from multiplying, thereby preventing spread of infections in health care set-ups. These lamps use the wavelength of 100 nm to 280 nm on the electromagnetic spectrum.
· This method is used as complementary method to improve the disinfection after other disinfection methods have been used for decontamination of the medical devices, equipment, and surfaces.
· UV light disinfection has several advantages over other methods. These systems sanitize all the surfaces in a room at once, achieve desired levels of disinfection, require least manpower, and prevent the usage of harmful and hazardous chemicals
· There are two primary types of UV light disinfection systems: mercury UV-bulbs that emit continuous dose of UV-C light and pulsed xenon ultraviolet devices
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
UV Light Disinfection Systems Market: Key Drivers
· The global UV light disinfection systems market is projected to be driven by high prevalence and increase in incidence rates of hospital-acquired infections across the globe
· According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), every year, more than 1.7 million hospitalized patients acquire health care-associated infections and around 98,000 patients succumb to it.
· Rise in burden on health care facilities to reduce the number of health care-associated infections and rise in demand for effective & safety disinfection technologies are the major factors anticipated to boost the growth of the market during the forecast period
· Moreover, rise in the number of hospitalizations due to various chronic and acute disorders, increase in the geriatric population in developed countries, and surge in number of hospitals & health care institutions across the globe are expected to contribute to growth of the global market during the forecast period
· However, high cost of UV light disinfection systems is likely to hamper the growth of global UV light disinfection systems market
Looking for exclusive market insights from business experts? Request a Custom Report here
Portable Segment to Dominate Global Market
· In terms of product, the global UV light disinfection systems market can be classified into standalone, portable, wall-mounted, and compact. The portable segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
· Portable UV light systems can be easily transferred from one ward to other wards. Hence, these systems have significant demand in large health care institutions.
· Comparatively large volume of portable UV light disinfection systems, low cost, and easy availability are factors anticipated to fuel the growth of the segment during the forecast period
Pulsed Xenon to be Attractive Segment
· Based on light source, the global market can be bifurcated into pulsed xenon and mercury. Pulsed xenon is expected to be a highly attractive segment during the forecast period.
· Mercury UV systems use low-pressure gas bulbs that emit narrow band of the UV-C spectrum at wavelength of 254 nm. Xenon UV systems use xenon lamps and emit light at variable wavelengths ranging from 200 nm to 320 nm. It emits light in both UV-B and UV-C spectrums.
Automatic Systems to be Highly Lucrative Segment
· In terms of type, the global market can be categorized into automatic, semiautomatic, and analog. The automatic segment is likely to present significant opportunities for new players planning to enter the market.
Hospitals to be Highly Attractive Segment
· Based on end-user, the global UV light disinfection systems market can be divided into hospitals & ambulatory surgery centers, clinics, academic & research institutes, and biopharma & medical device industries. The hospitals segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
· Comparatively large number of hospitals, increase in hospitalizations due to various chronic as well as acute medical disorders, and surge in number of new hospitals in emerging countries such as Brazil, Mexico, India, and China are attributed to the segment’s dominance during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific UV Light Disinfection Systems Market to Grow at Rapid Pace
· In terms of region, the global UV light disinfection systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
· North America is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period. Well-established health care infrastructure, high health care funding, rise in number of hospitalizations, and large base of UV light disinfection device manufacturers are attributed to the region’s dominance during the forecast period.
· The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has estimated that by the mid of July 2020, there will be around 1,000 to 15,000 new COVID-19 hospitalizations per day in the U.S.
· The UV light disinfection systems market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period. Rapid growth of the market in the region is attributed to increase in number of hospitals & ambulatory surgery centers, improving health care infrastructure, and high prevalence of hospital-acquired infections in China and India.
· High growth rate of the health care industry, easy access to health care facilities, and increase in investments in health care by leading players in Asia Pacific are likely to fuel the growth of the market in Asia Pacific
Transparency Market Research is a next-generation market intelligence provider, offering fact-based solutions to business leaders, consultants, and strategy professionals.
Our reports are single-point solutions for businesses to grow, evolve, and mature. Our real-time data collection methods along with ability to track more than one million high growth niche products are aligned with your aims. The detailed and proprietary statistical models used by our analysts offer insights for making right decision in the shortest span of time. For organizations that require specific but comprehensive information we offer customized solutions through ad hoc reports. These requests are delivered with the perfect combination of right sense of fact-oriented problem solving methodologies and leveraging existing data repositories.
TMR believes that unison of solutions for clients-specific problems with right methodology of research is the key to help enterprises reach right decision.
US Office Contact
90 State Street, Suite 700
Albany, NY 12207
USA - Canada Toll Free: 866-552-3453